Benefits of Being a 4-H Member
There are many benefits of joining a 4-H program: self-confidence, leadership skills, life skills, interview and public speaking skills, and more. Members can also apply for scholarships, national 4-H awards and travel opportunities, as well as jobs. Click on the links below for more information and applications.
- Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture Scholarship
- Nova Scotia 4-H Council Scholarship
- Camp Rankin Scholarship
- Kevin Grant Scholarship
- George MacNeil 4-H Entrance Scholarship
- Various 4-H Canada Scholarships, Bursaries, and Funding Opportunities
- The Leadership Excellence Awards of Distinction (L.E.A.D.) honours the accomplishments of four special 4-H senior youth members and showcases the outstanding accomplishments of 4-H members across Canada in the area of leadership excellence. Application deadline can be found using the link above.
- Kevin Grant Memorial Tour
- US National 4-H Conference
- 4-H Canada Citizenship Congress
- 4-H Canada Members Forum
- 4-H Canada Leadership Summit
- Atlantic Members Conference
- 4-H Going Global Exchanges
- National Dairy Conference
- Summer Workers - Office
Assistants are hired each year by the 4-H Nova Scotia office to work alongside our staff to implement the 4-H programs over the summer.
- Camp Rankin Summer Staff
Camp workers are hired each year by the 4-H Nova Scotia office to work alongside our staff to implement the 4-H camp programs over the summer. Positions at Camp Rankin include: Camp Counselors (6), Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, and Cooks. These positions are advertised on our website in the news section during the winter months.
- Apply for a 4-H Summer Assistant Job
If you are a university student, a former 4-H member and like working with people, apply for a summer job as a 4-H Summer Assistant and or a county summer worker. In January, check for Summer Assistant jobs advertised on our website in the news section. Start date is April of the current year.